· A Community Advisory Council (CAC) is established to review the programming and significant policy decisions of a Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) funded public broadcasting station, and to advise the station on how it serves the educational and cultural needs of its coverage area.
· A CAC does not exercise any control over the daily management or operation of the station.
· CAC requirements are part of an overall set of statutory obligations for stations that receive funds from CPB.
Sounding Board Mission
· To provide meaningful feedback about Chicago Public Media programming and policies, and to represent the diverse needs and interests of the communities it serves.
Sounding Board Membership
· The Sounding Board may have up to twenty members. Members are selected for one two-year term and are eligible to serve a second term. Applications are made online when membership opportunities become available. Sounding Board members are chosen by a joint committee comprised of three CPM representatives, and two Sounding Board members.
Sounding Board Member Responsibilities:
· Must be a member of WBEZ or Vocalo;
· Have knowledge of CPM programming;
· Offer insightful perspectives from the communities they identify with;
· Speak to the impact public media has on their communities;
· Read or listen to material for discussions at meetings;
· Attend and participate in four meetings a year and in discussions via online forums year-round
Sounding Board Meetings Calendar
Time: 6:00 - 8 p.m.
Location: Chicago Public Media
Lifton-Rosofsky Family Community Room
(unless otherwise indicated)
Thursday, February 28 (Location: WBEZ South Side Bureau, 322 E. 75th St., Chicago IL)
Thursday, May 23
Wednesday, August 21
Thursday, November 21
All Sounding Board meetings are open to the public.
2018-19 Sounding Board Members
Lucy Flores, Co-Chair
Dave Stanford, Co-Chair