PROCEDURES TO IMPLEMENT WBEZ’S COMMITMENT TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
Pursuant to Section 396(k)(11) of the Communications Act regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, WBEZ (“the Station”) reaffirms its commitment to the following:
- The Station will file certifications regarding Equal Employment Opportunity as required by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) stating that the Station complies with Title 47, Part 73, § 73.2080 of the Code of Federal Regulations. The EEO reports will be submitted pursuant to CPB’s procedures and requirements. Copies of those reports will be made available to the public on the Station’s website and in the Station’s public file.
- The Station will continue to maintain and carry out a program of specific practices designed to ensure equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in every aspect of its employment policies and practices. As part of this program, the Station will:
(a) advise all employees with hiring and/or supervisory responsibility that they must vigorously enforce the Station’s policy of equal opportunity and its policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment, and that failure to do so will be a basis for discipline, up to and including termination
(b) inform its employees of the equal employment opportunity policy and program and enlist their cooperation
(c) communicate its policy of equal employment opportunity and its employment needs to sources of qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex or other protected category, and solicit their recruitment assistance on a continuing basis
(d) conduct a continuing program to exclude all unlawful forms of prejudice or discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or other protected category from its personnel policies and practices and working conditions
(e) conduct a continuing review of job structure and employment practices and adopt positive recruitment, job design and other measures needed to ensure genuine equality of opportunity to participate fully in all organizational units, occupations and levels of responsibility.
- The Station will recruit for every full-time vacancy in its operation (other than jobs filed by internal promotions), as follows: (a) The Station will use recruitment sources for each vacancy sufficient to widely disseminate information concerning the vacancy. (b) It addition to such recruitment sources, the Station will provide notification of each full-time vacancy to any organization that distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, upon request by such organization. (c) As required by CPB, the Station will engage in initiatives designed to further its program of equal employment opportunity (e.g. co-sponsoring a minority job fair, establishing an internship program, participating in a scholarship program, etc.).
- The Station will analyze its recruitment program on an ongoing basis to ensure that it is effective in achieving broad outreach to potential applications, and address any problems found as a result of its analysis.
- The Station will periodically analyze measures taken to further its EEO program.
- The Station will retain records regarding vacancies, recruitment sources, dissemination of communications regarding vacancies, performance of the initiatives, total number of interviewees, date each vacancy was filled and recruitment sources, as required by Title 47, Part 73, § 73.2080 of the Code of Federal Regulations.